One of the world’s leading centres for development education, global learning and global citizenship.
The Development Education Research Centre (DERC) acts as the hub for knowledge generation, new thinking and quality output on development education, global learning and global citizenship.
- Promote the value of development education as part of essential learning in the twenty-first century
- Promote and encourage critical reflective engagement with the meaning and effectiveness of development education and related areas by the educational community in the UK and internationally
- Develop an international community of researchers engaged in development education, global learning and global citizenship
- Develop a body of evidence through a series of published monographs, academic articles and seminars on the contribution that development education practice can make in building understanding of international development and global issues
- Develop and embed development education principles and practices across teacher training and other educational courses and initiatives within the Institute of Education, and in turn to other similar institutions
FOR ALL QUERIES PLEASE USE THE CONTACT TABS FOUND IN EACH OF THE INDIVIDUAL COURSES/CONFERENCES AND PRODUCTS, PLEASE ONLY CONTACT THE ONLINE STORE DIRECTLY IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING PAYMENT DIFFICULTIES.